The Wit Limited- A computer and business solutions company together with the administration, organized a workshop with the Theme,
“Preparing for the 4 the Industrial revolution through inclusive IT innovations and Entrepreneurship’’.
The workshop was intended to motivate, inspire and build confidence of students to utilize their talents and acquired skills optimally in the areas of entrepreneurship and technology especially in this changing world due to internet and technology.
AREAS COVERED DURING THE WORKSHOP
- Techonopreneurship skills. The youth will be prepared on how they can choose entrepreneurship and self-employment as a long career goal especially if it is in line with their ambitions and passion.
- Financial literacy Education. That will include learning how to save, invest and budgeting and building sustainable income.
- Developing people skills. This includes; Communication skills, Empathy, connection, patience, sense of humor, team work, Tolerance and presentation skills.
- Work skills, finding employment, creating winning CVs and cover letters. Simulations of Interview sessions can also be applied here.
- Aligning our career goals with the future of employment, Information Technology and business; the fourth industrial revolution and the future of work.
The model of content delivery
You Tube videos, Group activities, Entertainment, and real life illustrations will be used to deliver powerful presentations to the youth that will attend the workshop.
We targeted Students of IT, Computer science and Business Studies and the general public
Some of the Presenters
Andrew holds a First Class Honors Bachelors Degree in Business Computing from Uganda Christian University-Mukono (2015). He is passionate at using technology to change the world of Business.
He is a banker, leader and entrepreneur with work experience in the banking sector (3 years) at Eco bank, and Uganda Christian University as Learning commons Student Assistant. Andrew is a co-founder of THE WIT and is responsible for strategic direction and governance.
Samuel holds a First Class Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Business Computing from Uganda
Christian University-Mukono (2016). He also holds Certificate in computerized Data Analysis from The Institute Of Banking and a certificate in Computerized Accounting from the same institution.